Wanna know

October 3, 2021

Why Doesn't It Hurt?

 

You lied to me,

You spied on me!

You betrayed my trust; But,

Why can’t I stop feeling for you?

Why doesn’t it hurt?

 

Why don’t I raise a question?

Why don’t I build aggression?

Why don’t I wait for an apology?

Why my love is not worldly?

 

Shouldn’t I expect you to be loyal?

How do I allow you to be immoral?

Why don’t I care for fairness?

How do I ignore the human-ness?

 

Why am I not insecure?

What makes me feel so sure?

Am I blind in Love? or…

It just doesn’t matter!

How can I behave,

not based on your behavior?

 

What makes me believe,

Love is to give, not to seek?

And, when I unconditionally give,

I feel powered; not at all weak!

 

I am no one to judge you,

I am no one to correct you!

Whatever good or bad you do,

Will stay with only you!

 

The truth is not the same for all,

But, in your own eyes to see you fall,

Which you can’t revert,

Will bring extreme discomfort,

And, that will certainly hurt!

 

2 comments: